About the retreat
A unique yoga and nature retreat in Hungary where we will journey inward through yoga and meditation and outward through playfulness and community.
Through various body-based practices, we will seek our own center, explore connections and see how we can meet someone else’s being.
‘Learn to surrender and develop a willingness to feel, rather than promote a willfulness to change what is felt. You only go deeper if the body naturally releases and your emotional tone is willing.’ – Sarah Powers
Expect nature hikes, a walking meditation while taking in the wonderful foliage and unwinding in the house sauna. You will have a chance to learn about the area’s history during a cultural excursion to Visegrád Castle, and take in the amazing view of the Danube river and surrounding hills.
Weather permitting, we will take a longer hike to Dobogókő (roughly translated “pulsating stone”), said to be the Heart Chakra of the Earth.
While we take in the present moment through all our senses – including sights, smells, sounds and touch – we will explore ourselves and the surroundings. We may catch a glimpse of our own reflection in others.
The retreat includes
- 4 nights accommodation at the charming mill house of Dömös
- Daily yoga workshops with a focus on inner exploration
- Energizing morning yoga sessions and restorative yoga sessions
- Sunrise meditations
- Sauna and guided Thai massage sessions
- Hike to Dobogókő, Heart Chakra of the Earth (weather permitting)
- Cultural excursion to ancient Visegrád castle with amazing view of the Danube river and surrounding hills
- Nature walks and hikes in spectacular foliage
- Three heartwarming meals daily (first meal lunch on 19 Oct, last meal lunch on 23 Oct)
- Transportation to Visegrád Castle from Dömös Malomház
- Transportation back from Dobogókő
- Tourism tax
What is not included
- Additional treatments
- Travel expenses
- Travel insurance
- Early-bird double occupancy: €795 per person (booked by 30 June)
- Early-bird single occupancy: €1195 per person (booked by 30 June)
- After 1 June: double occupancy: €1049 per person
- After 1 June: single occupancy: €1349 per person
- Hungarians living and working in Hungary can request €150 off the double occupancy base rates.
- Sudanese who would like to request a discount, please email us at email@example.com
- Please arrive at the venue by 10:30 a.m. on October 19, 2019.
The retreat takes place at a wonderfully renovated, century-old watermill converted into a retreat that feels like a charming castle. The Malomház (or mill house) is in Dömös, at a 45-kilometer distance from the capital city of Budapest. It is reachable by car, bus, or boat.
Dömös lies on the Danube River and the house is at the crossroads of various hiking paths, ideal for active leisure and relaxation. From Budapest, you can rent a car or take a bus to Dömös. The trip takes about 85 minutes. From the bus stop, the retreat venue Malomház is within a five-minute walk.
The house has plenty of communal spaces, a large garden, an indoor and an outdoor fireplace, a built-in sauna, and a gorgeous yoga room.
Nathalie is fascinated by the human journey. She is curious about how we create our realities and how with tools like yoga and meditation, we can release our stories and re-experience life through the eyes of a child. She is a certified yoga and meditation teacher with 800 hours of yoga and meditation training under her belt and over a decade of teaching experience.
Eszter will come from Hungary to teach yoga. Eszter gently helps students discover ways to work with trust, non-verbal communication and finding strength while remaining playful. Eszter is a vinyasa yoga instructor also certified in acro-yoga and is a student and practitioner of Thai yoga massage, a therapy working the physical and emotional layers of the body. She used to work in Sudan for the UN for nearly three years.