About the retreat
A unique yoga and nature retreat in Hungary where we will journey inward through yoga and meditation and outward through playfulness and community.
Through various body-based practices, we will seek our own center, explore connections and see how we can meet someone else’s being.
‘Learn to surrender and develop a willingness to feel, rather than promote a willfulness to change what is felt. You only go deeper if the body naturally releases and your emotional tone is willing.’ – Sarah Powers
Expect nature hikes, a walking meditation while taking in the wonderful foliage and unwinding in the house sauna. You will have a chance to learn about the area’s history during a cultural excursion to Visegrád Castle, and take in the amazing view of the Danube river and surrounding hills.
Weather permitting, we will take a longer hike to Dobogókő (roughly translated “pulsating stone”), said to be the Heart Chakra of the Earth.
While we take in the present moment through all our senses – including sights, smells, sounds and touch – we will explore ourselves and the surroundings. We may catch a glimpse of our own reflection in others.
The retreat includes
- 4 nights accommodation at the charming mill house of Dömös
- Daily yoga workshops with a focus on inner exploration
- Energizing morning yoga sessions and restorative yoga sessions
- Sunrise meditations
- Sauna and guided Thai massage sessions
- Hike to Dobogókő, Heart Chakra of the Earth (weather permitting)
- Cultural excursion to ancient Visegrád castle with amazing view of the Danube river and surrounding hills
- Nature walks and hikes in spectacular foliage
- Three heartwarming meals daily (first meal lunch on 19 Oct, last meal lunch on 23 Oct)
- Transportation to Visegrád Castle from Dömös Malomház
- Transportation back from Dobogókő
- Tourism tax
What is not included
- Additional treatments
- Travel expenses
- Travel insurance
- Early-bird double occupancy: €795 per person (booked by 1 June)
- Early-bird single occupancy: €1195 per person (booked by 1 June)
- After 1 June: double occupancy: €1049 per person
- After 1 June: single occupancy: €1349 per person
- *Hungarians living and working in Hungary can request €150 off the double occupancy base rates.
- Please arrive at the venue by 10:30 a.m. on October 19, 2019.
The retreat takes place at a wonderfully renovated, century-old watermill converted into a retreat that feels like a charming castle. The Malomház (or mill house) is in Dömös, at a 45-kilometer distance from the capital city of Budapest. It is reachable by car, bus, or boat.
Dömös lies on the Danube River and the house is at the crossroads of various hiking paths, ideal for active leisure and relaxation. From Budapest, you can rent a car or take a bus to Dömös. The trip takes about 85 minutes. From the bus stop, the retreat venue Malomház is within a five-minute walk.
The house has plenty of communal spaces, a large garden, an indoor and an outdoor fireplace, a built-in sauna, and a gorgeous yoga room.
Nathalie is the Director and Founder of Blue Nile Lotus. She is from the Sudan and has a deep love and appreciation for the country and people. Nathalie has been looking for a chance to create a retreat in the Red Sea far from the buzz of modern day life. She is excited to be part of the exchange that will occur as people from different cultures come together to practice in this unique environment.
Eszter will come from Hungary to teach yoga. Eszter gently helps students discover ways to work with trust, non-verbal communication and finding strength while remaining playful. Eszter is a vinyasa yoga instructor also certified in acro-yoga and is a student and practitioner of Thai yoga massage, a therapy working the physical and emotional layers of the body. She used to work in Sudan for the UN for nearly three years.